Reasons Why You Have to Try Scuba Diving Bali This Year
Bali is popular for its nature and culture. Besides, Bali has world-class diving sites. Scuba diving Bali offers a unique yet spectacular variety that is rarely found in other destinations in Indonesia.
Such as black sand sites and pristine coral reefs. Scuba diving Bali offers what so-called “private dive trip” to the guests so they experience diving at its best.
Diving in Bali underwater allows you to dive with Manta rays, which can be found on a day trip from Sanur and Padang Bai or even when you are staying in the islands.
If this rare experience is what you seek, avoid coming during high seas. Beside Manta, Sunfish is a seasonal visitor you may find in August and September.
The Best Place for Scuba Diving Bali (Certified Divers Only)
Bali is a dream paradise to all kinds of tourists all over the world, including scuba diving enthusiasts. The best place for scuba diving Bali is the finest scuba diving sites in the world.
Their colorful coral reefs, cave diving, encounters with huge fish, technical diving, muck diving, or even use their traditional boat are an adventure diver could ever imagine.
We better stop bubbling up here and here we go. The best place for scuba diving Bali:
Menjangan Island, the protected one, is located at the very west end of the Bali Island. There is the West Bali National Park that has conserved this area so we get to see brilliant colors of coral and its ecosystem thrives underwater in very shallow waters. So, non-divers can enjoy them either.
It is originally a quiet fisherman village having black sand coast that is located in the east of Bali. This site offers an authentic Balinese experience, which is a traditional jukung boat to transfer divers from the beach to the dive site. Jukung is a small wooden sailboat with two outriggers and a triangular sail.
In this site, do a muck diving and find a tiny treasure where many species are growing like the sea nurseries.
Muck diving requires patience, knowledge, and good eyes to see pipefish, nudibranchs, or seahorses. Underwater photographers love this kind of site.
USAT Liberty wreck in Tulamben
This site is one of the most popular wreck diving sites in the world. It is a kind of a shore dive as you only need 25 meters from the beach.
All divers at any level are agreeable to visit and dive here. This wreck is home of jackfish and bump head parrotfish.
Where to Do Scuba Diving in Bali for Beginners (Non-Swimmers nor Divers)?
Bali, the island of the Gods, has plenty of dive sites, including for beginners. Where to do scuba diving in Bali? Slow down.
Before joining any plan diving and visiting Bali, you must aware that you need to obtain a dive certification, such as PADI dive certification, so you can join this diving activity in Bali. If you don’t have any, look for the sites with no dive certification required.
So, without further delay that may upset you, we will answer your question of where to do scuba diving in Bali for beginners:
- Amuk Bay and Padang Bai Karangasem. This site is located about 65 kilometers from East Denpasar.
- Tanjung Benoa Nusa Dua. You only need 15 minutes driving from Ngurah Rai International Airport to reach this site.
- Sanur Beach. It is about 30 minutes from Kuta beach.
Where to Go Diving in Bali and the Reasons to Choose Them
Tanjung Benoa is the ultimate answer for beginners. If you never do scuba dive activity before, this site is a perfect choice. For a first-timer, Tanjung Benoa offers some benefits as follow:
- Easy to reach the site. Common tourists arriving in Bali prefer staying in the area of southern Bali, such as Kuta, Legian, and Jimbaran. Thus, while trying some outdoor activities, they prefer the nearest ones, except they are experts seeking for the best dive sites. Where to go diving in Bali for beginners? Crowds shout Tanjung Benoa.
- Easy to dive. The beginners must not do some challenging diving activities. The shallow sea waves and the low underwater sea current of Tanjung Benoa are easier to manage. Though there are always divemasters to teach and protect you, nature always wins anything. So, choose the safe one!
- Other aquatic sports activities. Doing outdoor activities at sea are limitless in Tanjung Benoa, such as ride a jet ski and parasailing.
Where to Stay in Bali for Diving: The Resorts and Price!
As a popular destination to dive, Bali offers various places to stay. It could be noted that where to stay in Bali for diving is a rather simple question.
Bali has a wide range of places to stay, from the low-budget to luxurious ones. In this article, we give you some recommended resorts to pamper your vacation and the estimation price.
Jukung Dive Resort Bali
It costs from IDR 311.169 and you get the three-star hotel facilities. From Ngurah Rai International Airport, it is 70 km to reach this resort.
And besides the normal facility, you can arrange diving, fishing, snorkeling, laundry services, and airport shuttle. It costs you from IDR 1.096.499. a beautiful beachfront resort with a tropical garden.
This place is near some of the popular spas in Bali and the dive center. It gives you an outdoor pool, spa facilities, massage, airport shuttle, yoga classes, and room services.
Liberty Dive Resort
This one costs you from IDR 622.337. The one with beautifully landscaped gardens. If you love the traditional style, this one may suit your taste. This resort has a modern Balinese style as the room decoration and near the famous diving spot USAT Liberty Ship Wreck (it is approximately 150 meters away).
OK Divers Resort and Spa
This site is one of the most popular wreck diving sites in the world. It is a kind of a shore dive as you only need 25 meters from the beach. All divers at any level are agreeable to visit and dive here. This wreck is home of jackfish and bump head parrotfish.
Puri Wirata Dive Resort and Spa Amed
This facing the ocean resort costs you from IDR 963.141. This resort has a traditional look and near PADI dive center that is popular with its knowledgeable and multi-lingual instructors. It is a two-hour drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport.
Can Non-Swimmers Do Scuba Diving in Bali?
There are always reasons why Bali is called a paradise on earth. As it offers a wide range of attractions for anyone. Bali is popular with its tradition, rice fields, and white sand beach.
So, can nonswimmers do scuba diving in Bali? If you are a non-swimmers nor divers, there are some activities related-to-sea to visit.
Ocean walker (Tanjung Benoa beach)
Do not have any diving certification means do nothing. You can try this thing and see the fish without diving.
Tanjung Benoa beach is originally not a dream location for divers but it is the right place to do water sports, such as Ocean walker/ sea walker. You only need to wear a “glass helmet” to breathe as usual.
Sea Walker (Sanur beach)
Another sea walking activity in Bali. This site is not as busy as Tanjung Benoa since the water sports are not as complete as there.
You can walk into the depth up to 8 meters to see various exotic fish. This activity does not require swimming skills as the instructor will always guide and accompany your group.
An underwater scooter (Serangan beach).
This is a unique activity where you can feel the sensation of riding a scooter under the sea. The scooter vehicle has an oxygen tube for you to breathe.
How Much Does Scuba Diving Cost in Bali?
Scuba diving in Bali gives you excellent visibility, biodiversity, and experience you may not find similarities in any other place. So, how much does scuba diving cost in Bali? This type of question is included in the FAQ question. As each site offers different price, take a look at the following list:
- Tulamben diving USS liberty shipwreck (All inclusive). It costs from $72.00 with free cancellation and 10 hours.
- USS Liberty shipwreck scuba diving (Tulamben Bali). It costs from $69.00 for 10 hours and free cancellation.
- Scuba dive for non-certified divers (from Bali to Lembongan and Penida). It costs you $164.11 for 9 hours with free cancellation.
- Sea walker-GWK-Uluwatu-Sunset Private Guided tour-Free Wifi. This trip costs you $22.00 for 10 hours and free cancellation.
- Scuba dive for beginners (Tanjung Benoa). It costs you $55.00 for 4 hours and with free cancellation.
- 3-Day PADI open water scuba diving certification course. It costs you $580.60 for 3 days and with free cancellation.
- Private adventure (Nusa Dua Dive). It costs you from $66.67 for 1 hour and with free cancellation.
- Sea walking (Sanur Ocean). This fun activity costs you from $87.50 for 5 hours and free cancellation.
All those pricelists of water sport and Scuba diving Bali varies by group size and other terms and conditions. So, be wise and always read carefully what is written on their website.
Find your happiness in this island of the Gods.